DANVILLE, Va. – Two people were rescued from their burning home and a firefighter was injured while helping one to safety Sunday afternoon.

When the Danville Fire Department responded to Sycamore Street around 3 p.m. Sunday, crews they found smoke coming from the kitchen of the house.

A news release from the fire department states that “multiple people” were unable to escape due to physical impairments. One was rescued and helped outside through the front door. Another was removed through a bedroom window, resulting in an injury to a firefighter.

Crews quickly put out the kitchen fire. The cause was not given.

The firefighter and occupant were both treated at Sovah Health-Danville and released.

15 firefighters were on scene for just over one hour.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Loading...