If you’re trying to spice up your Super Bowl Menu or looking for a light, gluten-free lunch or dinner, this shrimp lettuce wraps could be the answer!
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost To Make: $14-$17
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 head of Lettuce.
- 1 lb large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Avocado, sliced into strips
- ½ Cucumber, sliced into strips
- ½ bunch Cilantro
- 1 medium Carrot, cut into matchsticks
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- ¾ cup Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing (P.S. this dressing contains wheat so if you’re gluten free, try: Braggs ginger sesame)
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter (microwave 30 sec if peanut butter refrigerated)
- Rinse and pat dry your shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a large hot non-stick skillet. Once oil is hot, add shrimp and saute on med/high heat 2 min per side or until cooked through. Don’t overcook them or they will turn rubbery.
- Cut your cucumber and carrot into thin matchsticks. Slice your avocado into strips. You should find a prettier avocado though; one that doesn’t look as sickly as mine.
- Make your dressing by whisking together the ¾ cup sesame ginger dressing with the 2 Tbsp peanut butter. If you have a tightly sealed tupperware, you can put it int there and shake ‘er up until it’s nice and smooth. This sauce is so so tasty and way too easy!
- Assemble your lettuce wraps with a lettuce leaf, several strips of carrot and cucumber, a decent slice of avocado, 2 shrimps and a couple good sized sprigs of cilantro. Don’t skip on the cilantro. At least give it a whirl. It totally reminds me of spring rolls and makes the entire spring roll dangerously enticing. Then drizzle the top with the peanut dipping sauce. Yum!
This is a recipe from