Several pets die in Danville house fire

(Danville, Va.) – An overloaded electrical circuit sparked a fire at 101 Justin Lane.

The Danville Fire Department responded to the call just after 3 p.m. Sunday and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the front of the two-story house.

The family wasn’t home when the fire started but returned and called 911 after spotting the flames.

Crews entered the house and were able to beat back the fire in about 15 minutes. Damage to the front half of the home was extensive with heat and smoke damage throughout.

No one was injured but several pets died in the fire.

Three engines and a ladder truck responded initially and firefighters spent 90 minutes dousing hot spots.