Richmond, Va. – Gov. Ralph Northam today cleared the way for the second phase of his plan to reopen Virginia following the COVID-19 pandemic. Phase Two begins on Friday, June 5.
These are some of the changes we’ll see during Phase Two:
- Gatherings will be limited to 50 people, rather than 10
- Entertainment venues are able to open
- Restaurants can have indoor seating again, limited to 50% capacity
- Gyms and fitness centers can have indoor classes and workouts, limited to 30% capacity
- Pools can open, with some restrictions
- Zoos, botanical garden and museums can open again, with some restrictions
- Recreational sports can again happen, with physical distance requirements in place
Northern Virginia and Richmond will remain in Phase One and masks will still be required in indoor spaces.