- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 8 slices thick sandwich bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Combine all three cheeses in a bowl. Divide evenly among 4 bread slices and top with the remaining bread. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sandwiches in batches, adding the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons butter as needed, until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with a great bowl of tomato soup!